Another cause of PTSD may be related to TBI. New research reveals that damage to the pituitary gland may lead to the symptoms of PTSD. This, along with other new discoveries of the link between blast injury and PTSD underscore the critical need for further research and redefinitions of PTSD. Research is hampered in this area just as it is for all aspects of TBI. Poor diagnosis, multiple coexisting injuries, treatment attempts with multiple psychoactive drugs, and no clear methods of measuring the degree of damage or response to treatment. HBOT is known to heal damaged brain tissues and significantly reduce the signs and symptoms of PTSD. It is safe and readily available. There is no excuse not to TREAT THESE INJURIES IMMEDIATELY.
- The Brain-Gut Connection: Shared Inflammatory Processes and Illness
- HBOT and Alzheimer’s: Promising New Research
- VA Will Offer HBOT to Select Vets with PTSD
- HBOT is Safe and Effective Treatment for TBI, PTSD, PPCS; Suicidal Ideation and Panic Attacks Greatly Reduced
- New Evidence That Girls Take Longer to Recover from Concussions