February 2, 2012 news report from WJHG-7 in Panama City of Dr Eddie Zant of HyperbaricMedicineOfFlorida.com with offices in Destin and Fort Walton successfully treating Irag/Afghan vets suffering from PTSD/TBI. Reporter Meredith TerHaar then went one step further and contacted the local VA office in Biloxi, MS and was told HBOT was never considered as a treatment for PTSD/TBI. TerHaar then contacted VA headquarters in Washington DC to ask why HBOT is not covered by the VA for PTSD and TBI. The answer? The VA would not provide a response.
- The Brain-Gut Connection: Shared Inflammatory Processes and Illness
- HBOT and Alzheimer’s: Promising New Research
- VA Will Offer HBOT to Select Vets with PTSD
- HBOT is Safe and Effective Treatment for TBI, PTSD, PPCS; Suicidal Ideation and Panic Attacks Greatly Reduced
- New Evidence That Girls Take Longer to Recover from Concussions